10 days of Zul Hijjah, virtuous yes, but not above Ramadhaan.
There have been messages and videos going around that the first 10 days of Zul Hijjah are more virtuous than Ramadhaan. This is not true because of the following reasons:
1. The virtues of Ramadhaan is directly from explicit verses of the Qur-aan. The virtues of 10 days of Zul Hijjah are not from texts of Qur-aan, rather it is from tafseers.
2. Ramadhaan fasts are so virtuous that if a fast missed cannot be replaced even if one fast all life(Bukhari).
3. Ramadhaan was prepared 2 months before its coming: Barik lana fi rajaba…
4. The moon of Sha`baan was observed with great care that other months were not so cared, due to Ramadhaan exactness.(Ahmad) This is not the case for Zul Hijjah.
5. Satans are enchained during Ramadhaan. Not during Zul Hijjah.
6. Angel Jibra-eel a.s. used to visit the beloved prophet Swalallahou `Alaihi Wasallam every night of Ramadhaan. This is not the case for Zul Hijjah.
7. Rasouloullah SAW said : ‘’The best fast after Ramadhaan are those of the month of Allah: Muharram.’’(Muslim)
8. The days and nights of Zul Hijjah are virtuous, but not above Ramadhaan.