THE SUNNAHS AROUND EID UL ADHAA 1439.
- Try to spend the Eid night(eve of Eid-ul-Adhaa) in `Ibaadah. Else try to spend part of the night in salaah. Reported in Baihaqi that the one who spend the two Eids in ibaadah, then his heart will not die on the day that all hearts will die. (Baihaqi)
- At least wake up early to do tahajud salaah.
=>Note that basing on the fatwa of Hazrat Aisha r.a., women will not proceed for Eid salaahs and nor will they pray at home. During the latter era of the beloved SAW, he prohibited that women be in the mixity of men, even in the masjid. So the beloved prophet SAW ordered to uproot the tents of his wives that were intending to sit for i`tikaaf in the masjid(Muslim):
فَلَمَّا صَلَّى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ الْفَجْرَ نَظَرَ فَإِذَا الْأَخْبِيَةُ فَقَالَ آلْبِرَّ تُرِدْنَ فَأَمَرَ بِخِبَائِهِ فَقُوِّضَ
Note that hazrat Aisha r.a. said that she learnt from the prophet SAW that when women and men at times of Bani Isra-eel were mixing with fitna in the praying yard, then there was prohibition for women to come to the masjid. As such reported in Muslim shareef that Hazrat Aisha r.a. said that if the beloved prophet SAW would have seen the next generation after sahabas, then he would have definitely prohibited women to go masjid(Muslim Shareef):
عَنْ عَمْرَةَ بِنْتِ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ أَنَّهَا سَمِعَتْ عَائِشَةَ زَوْجَ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ تَقُولُ لَوْ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ رَأَى مَا أَحْدَثَ النِّسَاءُ لَمَنَعَهُنَّ الْمَسْجِدَ كَمَا مُنِعَتْ نِسَاءُ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ قَالَ فَقُلْتُ لِعَمْرَةَ أَنِسَاءُ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ مُنِعْنَ الْمَسْجِدَ قَالَتْ نَعَمْ
So today, we are living long generations after that pious 2nd generation. And our fitna level is alarming and hence that is why we should not send our women to masjids or Eid salaahs. And know that the beloved prophet SAW said that there is no Jum`ah for women(Ahmad).
وَلَا جُمُعَةَ عَلَيْنَا
- Men will do their Fajr salaah in the masjid.
- Do ghusl that morning.
- Choose the best cloth, those according to sunnah.
- Put oil on the hair, do miswaak and apply `itr(perfume).
DO NOT EAT ANYTHING FROM THE MORNING UNTIL EID-UL-ADHAA KHUTBAH FINISHES. THIS RECOMMENDATION IS FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING BABIES, CHILDREN AND THOSE THAT ARE NOT TAKING QURBANI SHARE.(Shami)
- Go walking to the place of Eid-ul-Adhaa salaah. Read the takbirs audibly walking. Take a road to return from another road.
Say the TAKBIRS at audible voices:
اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ اللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ وَلِلَّهِ الْحَمْدُ
Allah hou Akbar Allahou Akbar laa ilaaha illallahou Wallahou Akbar Allahou Akbar wa lillahil Hamd.
- Do not read nafils in the place of Eid salaah.
- Perform salaah and listen to khutbah attentively, even if you don`t understand. Salaah and khutbahs both wajib. Do read Takbir even after Eid-ul-Adhaa salaah because it is wajib by some ulamas(Fatawa Zakarya). According to a narration of Sahih Bukhari there used to be a collective du’as on Eid day. Can do briefly after salaah and lenghy in Khutbah.
Note: The imaam will not sit when climbing the mimbar for khutbah. Then recommended for him to say the above Takbeer 9 times in the beginning of first Khutbah, 7 times in the beginning of 2nd Khutbah and 14 times before stepping down.(Shami).
- Give some sadaqahs to the poor.
- Return by another way. (Bukhari).
- If possible, go straight to slaughter your Qurbani/Udhiyyah. The Qur-aan exhorts us to slaughter right after Salaah/Khutbah:
فَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَانْحَرْ
‘’And read salaah for your Lord and slaughter!’’(Surah Kawthar) The tafseers indicate that salaah is refered to as Eid-ul-Adhaa salaah and then do the sacrifice of udhiyyah.
That is why reported in various hadith books that the beloved prophet Swalallahou `Alaihi Wasallam used to pray, do khutbah and then after khutbah he would slaughter 2 male sheep(rams):
عَنْ الْبَرَاءِ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ
قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِنَّ أَوَّلَ مَا نَبْدَأُ بِهِ فِي يَوْمِنَا هَذَا أَنْ نُصَلِّيَ ثُمَّ نَرْجِعَ فَنَنْحَرَ مَنْ فَعَلَهُ فَقَدْ أَصَابَ سُنَّتَنَا
‘’The first rite today is salaah. Then we will go back and will slaughter. The one who did it like that, then definitely he has attained our established ritual.’’(Bukhari)
عن أبي رافع رضي الله عنه قال كان رسول الله عليه وسلم إذا ضحى اشترى كبشين سمينين أقرنين أملحين، فإذا صلى وخطب أتى بأحدهما وهو في مصلاه فذبحه، … ” رواه البزار وأحمد. قال الهيثمي: بإسناد حسن
Abu Rafi`: ‘’…when the beloved prophet SAW finished salaah and khutbah, then the 2 male sheep would be brought. And the prophet would slaughter them as he was still on the plain of Eid salaah.’’(Ahmad)
Read on recommendations around slaughtering on islam-qna.org
So hasten after khutbah to slaughter your udhiyyah and eat first the liver of the animal(Baihaqi).
وفي حديث عبد الله بن بريدة ، عن أبيه ، أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم « كان لا يخرج يوم الفطر حتى يطعم ، ولا يأكل يوم النحر شيئا حتى يرجع فيأكل من أضحيته البيهقي
But if you will need to wait hours for your slaughter, then do eat something since it is haraam to fast on Eid ul Adhaa day.
In fact haraam to fast the 3 days after Eid-ul-Adhaa also.
Note these are not permissible for consumption:
Flowing blood after slaughtering, Genitals of male or female, Testicles, glands(found by the belly), Bladder and Gall bladder.(Tabrani)
The blood found inside the animal`s meat or liver are pure and consumable.
Eid-ul-Adhaa Mubarak to you all!